- German ZEW Survey Expectations Feb: 54.3 (est 55.0; prev 51.7)
- ZEW Survey Current Situation Feb: -8.1 (est -6.5; prev -10.2)
- ZEW Survey Expectations Feb: 48.6 (prev 49.4)
- Eurozone Trade Balance SA Dec: -9.7Bln (est -4.7Bln; prev -1.3Bln; prevR -1.8Bln)
- Trade Balance NSA Dec: -4.6Bln (prev -1.5Bln)
- Eurozone Employment (Q/Q) Q4P: 0.5% (prev 0.9%; prevR 1.0%)
- Employment (Y/Y) Q4P: 2.1% (prev 2.1%)
- Eurozone GDP SA (Q/Q) Q4P: 0.3% (est 0.3%; prev 0.3%)
- GDP SA (Y/Y) Q4P: 4.6% (est 4.6%; prev 4.6%)
At the end of December 2021, roughly 5.5 million people were employed in manufacturing establishments with 50 or more persons employed. Based on provisional results, the Federal Statistical Office (Destatis) also reports that the number of persons employed decreased by 16,000 (-0.3%) compared with December 2020. Compared with November 2021, the number of persons employed was down by 0.4% in December 2021.
The number of persons employed continued to be much lower in that month compared with the time before the Covid-19 crisis. In December 2021, the number of people employed in manufacturing declined by 171,000, or 3.0%, on December 2019.